- DeKalb (pop. 44,062) is located in both the Chicago and Rockford DMA (Designated Market Area)
- Huskie Stadium (cap. 24,000) is located 65 miles from downtown Chicago and 35 miles from Rockford
- 8,000,000 people reside within 90-minute drive of DeKalb
- 10,000 seat NIU Convocation Center hosts over 200 events per year including basketball, volleyball, concerts and trade shows
- Huskie Stadium is not only home of the NIU Huskies, but it is also the site of the annual DeKalb vs. Sycamore high school football rivalry game which draws as many as 8,000 fans each season.
As the western anchor of the booming I-88 corridor, DeKalb County is a hotspot for growth and opportunity in Northern Illinois. Our easy access from the Chicago area adds to our appeal. While areas of DeKalb County bustle with new residential and commercial development, other parts of our communities pay homage to their distinctive history. We offer unique experiences that offer a blend of contemporary culture and countryside charm. DeKalb County has golf courses, fishing areas, hiking trails, and soccer and baseball fields for your entertainment. Get lost in the depth of DeKalb County history on one of our many tours or travel the world at a local museum. Many of our art galleries and museums are free to the public, or you can catch a live theatrical performance at a historic Egyptian Art Deco movie palace. Get pampered at one of our elegant spas and savor the flavor of local cuisine. Enjoy a relaxing day strolling one of historic downtown shopping districts where you are sure to find a one-of-a-kind treasure. DeKalb County also has a local YMCA, community centers, and health clubs. We are sure to meet your expectations when it comes to leisure and relaxation!
The DeKalb County Convention & Visitors Bureau offers free planning assistance with RFP’s, site inspections, and more for your convenience.
Thank you to Daily Chronicle for supplying football photos on this page.